Garage doors are one of the inevitable moving parts of every residential and commercial establishments. They are meant to offer reliable and durable protection to your household and business assets. When it comes to choosing the garage door material, people go with priority to their personal preference.
Though, there are a few things that must be considered before selecting any material. These factors are essential as to curtail the long-term maintenance and repair costs. Our technicians at Vancouver garage door repair have piled up some points that will help you choose the apt material for your garage door.
There are mainly three types of materials : Steel, Wood and Vinyl
- Appearance – Steel garage doors offer contemporary, sleek appearance and are relatively easy to maintain and clean.
- Options – There are a wide range of options available for a steel garage door. You can avail these doors in different sizes, style, design and appearance.
- Low maintenance – Steel garage doors can be maintained easily. They can withstand any kind of climatic condition. They won’t split or get ripped over the time.
- Dents – Though, steel doors don’t require much care and maintenance, but they can be dented easily.
- Insulation – Steel itself is not a good insulator, but you can get additional insulated features installed in these doors.
- Appealing – The appealing looks of the wooden doors make them aesthetic and preferred choice of people. Wooden doors often match the exterior style of the classic homes recreating a retro feel.
- Flexibility – Wood can be customized easily. It can be transformed into any shape as per the size of the garage.
- Toughness – Unlike steel doors, wood is more robust and can bear the ding without much damage. It won’t dent like steel.
- Damage – Though, wood doesn’t get dented like steel, but can split or crack if not maintained properly.
- Maintenance – Wooden garage doors require periodic maintenance. They require repainting and the bolts must be tightened periodically. You can discover blisters in the wood during rainy or humid environment.
- Insulation – Wood is not a good insulator and quite hard to get modified into an insulated door.
- Cost – Wooden garage doors are expensive and require a strong opener for smooth functionality.
- Cost – Vinyl is the most efficient and affordable garage door material.
- Maintenance – They don’t need to be painted frequently as the whole door is an amalgam made of one single color material. They are also rust proof.
- Durability – Vinyl is a tough material and can resist dings. It won’t split or crack over the time. They are highly susceptible to humidity ad additional coating can even make them resistant to sun and color fading.
- Insulation – Vinyl garage doors are available with built-in insulation. However, vinyl material will offer reliable insulation itself also.
- Color permanence – The one major drawback of vinyl material is that the color of these doors could be changed once placed.
The above are mentioned the pros and cons of the primary three types of garage door material. Homeowners and businesses can choose the garage door as per their personal preference and budget.
We, at Vancouver Garage Door Repair, offer garage door repair services for garage door openers, springs, cables, rollers and many more.
Our professionals provide 24/7 emergency services across Vancouver.